Brimonidine Tartrate is a medicine which is quite widely used for the remedy of glaucoma. Glaucoma is a common eye condition and is often affects the elderly people. The earliest symptom of this disease is the dryness in the eye. This condition is caused when there is too much of pressure in the eye which results in the blocking of the fluids to the surface of the eye. The pressure in the eye affects the fluid drainage and hence reduces the lubrication.
During the early stages, the patients experience irritation in the eye which is quite mild but persistent. This is the reason why it is often overlooked. But, it is extremely important to treat glaucoma in the early stages so that it does not cause any serious harm to the eye in the future. If the disease remains untreated then at later stages it will cause the damages that are irreversible in nature. Sometimes it can also lead to irrecoverable blindness. Over a period of time glaucoma disease tends to damage the optic nerve and thus causes blindness. With the help of Brimonidine Tartrate this eye condition can be treated very effectively.
As already mentioned, the main reason that causes glaucoma is the build up of presser in the eye. Therefore, if the pressure can be released the supply of the fluid to the eye can be reinstated. What’s important to note is that when the fluids are blocked, the blockage further increases the pressure and thus makes the problem even worse. Brimonidine Tartrate consists of the chemical component called Aphagan P. This chemical is responsible for unblocking the vessels that carry the fluid to the eye. This is how it is able to treat this medical condition of the eye.
Brimonidine Tartrate is one of the most widely known medicines for glaucoma treatment. It has also been approved by FDA. Millions of people suffering from glaucoma have been effectively treated by the use of this medicine. Most of the eye doctors across the globe prescribe this medicine to the glaucoma patients as they know how effective it is. It has been in use for a number of years. The regular vision can be restored with it.
Brimonidine Tartrate comes with the Alphagan P strength of 0.15%. It is very widely used by the people who have the prevailing eye condition called glaucoma. The other common name for glaucoma is open angle glaucoma. This FDA approved medicine is quite effective and has treated a number of people over many years. It is in fact an ophthalmic solution whose primary function is to restore the fluid supply to the eye. It provides instant relief by supplying artificial tears. At the same time, it works on the root cause of glaucoma. Brimonidine Tartrate has proven to be extremely useful and effective in the treatment of this disease. The people who have used this medicine are the testimony to this fact. Although you can buy it over the counter, make sure you use it only after consulting the doctor. The working of the medicine is very simple. The active component, Alphagan P, of Brimonidine Tartrate is the main chemical used for the treatment of this eye condition. Alphagan P makes sure that the path of the fluids to the eye is unblocked. By unblocking the path it also makes sure that any pressure to the eye is also reduced. Due to the removal of the blockage the drainage of the fluid begins and thus glaucoma gets treated. The ophthalmic solution also makes sure that the eye remains moist and thus maintains the eye health. Millions of people all over the world use and trust this medicine. It treats the eye disorder in the right way and in the timely fashion. It makes sure that any further serious damages to the eye are avoided.
Use the medicine only when if it has been prescribed by the eye specialist
- Eye is one of the most sensitive organs of the body and thus you must exercise caution while using any medicine meant for the eye.
- The dosage depends upon many factors such as patient’s condition, age, level of glaucoma, and age.
- One drop is the most commonly prescribed dose. The patients suffering from the eye condition are advised to take the dose two to three times during the day. But the dose may vary depending upon how sever the eye condition is.
- Make sure to wash or sanitize your hands before pouring the medicine in your eyes. This is to ensure that your eye doesn’t catch any infections.
- Overdose of the medicine can cause damage to the eye. Therefore, it should not be increased unless specified by the doctor.
- Keep your eyes closed for a few minutes after the application of Brimonidine Tartrate.
- Remove the contact lenses if you wear them before using the drop.
- Gently press your eye in the corner while pouring the solution of Brimonidine Tartrate. This will allow the eyelids to open wider and hence the solution will spread across the eye evenly.
- Do not rub the eye after dropping Brimonidine Tartrate.
If you have any other medical condition (not necessarily related to the eye) or any medical history, ensure that you inform your eye specialist about it before starting the dose. Certain diseases require special care with Brimonidine Tartrate. If you have any allergies make sure that you let the eye specialist know about it. Some of the existing allergies may worsen due to the use of Brimonidine Tartrate. You may also get new allergies with its application. Patients who are allergic to apraclonidine must certainly let the doctor know about it. Pregnant women should inform the doctor about their condition before starting the use of Brimonidine Tartrate.