It’s your immunity that helps you to be fit and fight against various disease causing agents like virus and bacteria’s. This piece of writing would provide you with insight of about how to keep your immunity up to mark of being strong and active. You get protected from diseases and infections only because of your immunity. Here are some easy and simple ways to keep increasing you immunity and let you stay fit-
Work out daily
A daily apt workout would lead to the improvement of cardiovascular conditions and hence also reduce the chance of some chronicle diseases.
- For children between 6 to 17 years of age, they should spend an hour or 45 minutes to the least for a work out daily. Most of their time should be spent on aerobics exercise, however they can spend some time on activities which tones up the muscles.
- For Adults ranging between 16 to 60 years of age, they must at least spend 150 minutes for regular exercises and in addition to that another 150 minutes on exercises like weight lifting and cardiovascular exercises which focuses on strengthen and toning of muscles.
- For those who are above the age of 65 and who currently are not affected by any current medical condition should follow up simple warm up exercises such as walking, breathing etc. daily.
- Follow up a healthy diet
Most people do not think about the value of their health until they fall ill. However, to achieve a healthy life one must follow a healthy lifestyle and a healthy diet which maintains your energy levels, muscle strength and cardiovascular health. Seasonal fruits, vegetables or nuts which are high in nutrients, fibers, vitamins and minerals is ideally a form of healthy food, non-vegetarian eaten measurably also falls under healthy food
- Fruits rich in with citrus contains high amount of vitamin C which helps the immune. Oranges, tangerines or tomatoes are considered to be the part of this.
Lean non-vegetarian food such as chicken, salmon fish or turkey does not contain extra fats and are known to be rich in proteins. Quino, Kidney beans and black beans are forms of protein rich vegetarian food.
- Get concerned for yourself and make it a habit to read out the food labels you buy, you may reduce out on extra fat and sugar containing sauces, breads or salad dressings.
- Drink enough water
Try not to quench your thirst with caffeine, alcohol or soda’s as they in reality dehydrate you. Drinking enough water daily levels your fluids in the body and also improves bowl function. 8 to 10 glass of water must be consume daily. The best liquid considered in the world is water. And so does water is very good for your health. So try to drink maximum water at your best.
Get Hygiene conscious
Being hygienic does not mean looking and smelling good. It goes one step further.
- Sanitize your hand regularly at least with liquid soap. It will make you stay away from disease causing agent. Make it a point to wash your hands prior and after using restroom/toilets, cooking or having food and when handling animals.
- Bath a day is necessary, if you wish not to wash your hairs use a shower cap. You may also use body scrub to remove yourself from excess dirt and dead skin cells.
- Before you go to sleep and after you wake up, brush your tooth twice a day. This will prevent from your tooth to decay and protect from other gum disease causing agents. Also remember to floss after you have your food.
- You may also in your best interest use sanitizer when outside home.
- Have your medical checkups done regularly
Having your medical checkups regularly helps you to find out any disease in the early stage and hence a proper treatment can minimize the damage before time. Proper medical checkup will let you ensure the status of your immunity and let you know about your condition.
Antioxidant helps your body to repair up the already damaged cells as they are rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium are some examples of antioxidants, and they are usually found out in fruits and vegetables or artificial supplements.
- Seafood, beans, and nuts have rich content of zinc.
- Broccoli, apricots, spinach, tomatoes, corn, green peppers, carrots, and beet contains rich amount of Beta Carotene.
- Beef and Tuna are rich with Selenium.
- Berries, broccoli, oranges, nectarines, strawberries, tomatoes, cauliflower, and bell peppers are rich with Vitamin C.
- Carrots, broccoli, papaya, nuts, and, sunflower seeds, spinach are rich with Vitamin E
- Manage your stress.
Stress not only affects you mentally but also physically and so does it have its impact on the immune.
- Avoid whatever causes you to stress up, it may be because of a person or an activity.
- Accept the fact that there exist up’s and down’s to everyone’s life and so learn to adjust to it without affecting yourself.
- Meditation, dancing, sex, aerobics and yoga are known to be a great stress reducing technique which usually relaxes you.
- If there is some stress which do not seem to reduce, show yourself up to a therapist.
- Avoid products which claim boost of immunity
There does not exist any scientific fact about that speaks of increased immune-fighting cells improves immunity. Be real aware because it has been known that increase of such cells can also lead you to a stroke
Say no to smoking
Smoking not only infects one part of the body but almost the entire body. Heart attack, stroke, lung cancer could be the outcome of smoking. So say no to smoking.
7- 8 hours a sleep daily and timely helps you to maintain and improve your mood, energy levels and your weight.