Nowadays energy drinks are easily available at every grocery store. These drinks are high in demand as they are best source to boost energy instantly. Energy drinks are useful if you consume them in moderate amount but consuming them regularly can be harmful to your health in many ways. Energy drinks are good in taste and have plenty of side effects on your health. In this article we will discuss about the side effects of energy drinks. It is not easy to find out which energy drink is good for you and which one is bad for you as not all energy drinks are made by same ingredients. Most energy drinks contain almost same ingredients that can be harmful to your health. Read these side effects first before getting addicted to these beverages. The side effects of energy drinks can be life threatening for you if you neglect them. Have a look about the ingredients of energy drinks and their side effects.
Caffeine: Caffeine is the main ingredient of energy drinks and almost every energy booster contains this ingredient. Caffeine presents in energy drinks cause stomach pain and palpitations. This ingredient triggers headache and makes you anxious. Caffeine also causes insomnia and one can face trouble in sleeping. There are plenty of energy drinks that contains caffeine more than coffee hence plenty of students take energy drinks instead of coffee to avoid sleepiness. These caffeinated energy drinks plays a wonderful role to keep studying overnight. Drinking these energy drinks in excessive amount can be harmful to you. These drinks are fine for few days and regular consumption of such drinks leads to many health problems.
Excessive Vitamins and Sugar: Energy drinks contains excessive amount of sugar and vitamins. Besides it these drinks also contain creatine and taurine. Hence these drinks cannot be considered as healthy and nutritious drinks. You should use natural sources of vitamins and minerals like fruit juices, milkshakes etc. Energy drinks contain plenty of vitamins that are not good for your central nervous system. It is also said that energy drinks add toxins in your body and it is not an easy task to remove these toxins from your body. Excessive amount of sugar presents in energy drinks also lead to weight gain problem.
Ginkgo Biloba & Glucuronolactone: Most energy drinks contains ginkgo bilboa, ginseng and all other various types of ingredients that cause heart problems, sleeping troubles and headache in drinkers. This is reason why energy boosters are bad especially for those who are taking prescribed medications. Glucuronolactone ingredient presents in energy drinks have no side effects on our health however the use of this ingredient is banned in many countries.
L-Theanine and L-Carnitine: Too much amount of these two ingredients present in energy drinks can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, sleeplessness etc. Hence it is better to avoid energy drinks as thay are plenty of side effects on your health.
Side Effects of Energy Drinks: Be careful while consuming energy drinks as they have few side effects of that are listed below. Have a look.
- Energy drinks are responsible for dehydration as they have diuretic properties. These drinks make you dehydrated if you consume them in excessive amount.
- Having excess calories in energy drinks causes various weight problems as one can gain weight rapidly. Weight issues turn to obesity if you neglect them early.
- Women who consume energy drinks on regular basis get unable to conceive a child.
- Upset of stomach is another side effect of energy drinks and one can suffer from diarrhea, stomach pain and many more stomach related problems.
- Consuming energy drinks along with alcohol is very harmful to your health. The chances of getting dehydrated get increased due to regular consumption of energy boosters.
- Pregnant women should also stay away from alcohol. Consuming these drinks at the time of pregnant is harmful for the health of un-born baby. Hence these drinks should be avoided as far as possible.
- Drinking energy drinks regularly lead to various heart problems. One can suffer from heart attack, stroke and many more health problems.
- Mouth ulcers are another problem that cause due to regular consumption of energy drinks.
Substitute energy drinks along with natural drinks like fruit juices or milk shakes. These natural drinks are rich in nutritional values and having all kind of essential nutrients that are good for your overall health. Drinking energy drinks in excessive amount is an open invitation to various health problems hence thick over it twice before going to drink them.