High blood pressure is abnormal blood flow in the body and blood flow is in full swing. Nerves can break and cause serious troubles if blood flow is not controlled at once. High blood pressure is a disorder of the body that can only be treated with certain measures. Hypertension is a common diagnosis in people. Main contributing factor to high blood pressure is unwholesome lifestyle. Keeping blood pressure under control is possible with either medications or by making certain changes in manner of living.
Resorting to natural methods is more likely to cause good and it’s for long time as well. Medications should be made the last resort if nothing else’s work. Few powerful methods to keep a watch on high blood pressure are cited down below.
1) Regular workouts are best bet to avoid hypertension problem. On the other hand, if you are high blood pressure patient, exercise can help in keeping it to safer level. Workout does not let blood pressure go up. Make a routine and follow it. Skipping exercise more often does not help. You have to be regular, at least on most days of the week. Taking out just 30 minutes can help you immensely, which is actually not much. Any time of the day would do, but regularity counts. Best forms of workouts include- brisk walking, jogging, running, swimming, dancing, and cycling. In short, any exercise that is related to cardio would be fine.
2) High amount of salt in food acts like a trigger for blood pressure to rise extensively. People diagnosed with hypertension need to reduce salt intake in foods they eat. It can tremendously help in keeping a check over blood pressure. In fact, generally also make a habit of taking less salt in food. Avoid eating processed foods. They contain high amount salt touching off high blood pressure.
3) Alcoholics need to be alert if they have high blood pressure problem. Alcohol is beneficial for health, but only if taken in limited amount. Just one drink a day can act as health enhancer. On the other hand, two or more than two glasses of alcohol in a day have bad effect on health, especially harms blood pressure by triggering it. People above 65 years of age need to be extra careful with their drinks. Too much alcohol can be devastating to the extent of reducing the effect of blood pressure drugs. Control alcohol uptake and keep blood pressure under control.
4) High blood pressure often results in people due to the extra weight their body carries, especially extra flab around the waist is the main reason. Watching body weight is must and doing something for it is more required. If you are gaining extra weight than do something to shed it. Do exercises that include cardio workout. Exercises solely designed to reduce flab around waist are best. High blood pressure can be controlled by being fit and healthy. Consulting doctor regarding exercise schedule is more helpful. Whatever you have to do, do it but do not let weight rise above normal.
5) Having a right and healthy eating plan is beneficial for lowering high blood pressure. Eating foods like vegetables, fruits, juices, soups, dairy products, whole grain foods etc are highly helpful. Saturated foods need to be avoided. Also, junks, processed foods should be taken as less as possible. Health supplements are on rage these days, but it is always better to go natural. Natural foods are better choice and truly stop blood pressure from rising. For more details you can also contact your dietician. They are best to approach if do not know the right way.
6) Smoking is one of factors actuates blood pressure. Every cigarette you smoke keeps blood pressure high in the body for several minutes. That’s why peoples with hypertension, if smoke, deliberately call the problem. Avoid smoking and be healthy. Even if you do not have high blood pressure, smoking is not good for you.
7) Taking stress also elevate your blood pressure. Life is a mix of sadness and happiness. As you enjoy happiness, similarly, you need to be strong for sadness as well. Try to reduce stress in life.
8) Caffeine intake on elevating blood pressure is not yet clearly known. However, it is seen that people who take less caffeine end up in raising blood pressure whenever they take coffee or tea. Habitual takers do not get affected. However, it is always better to take less caffeine. Caffeine does not as such benefits for body and health. Indirectly, it will also lead to controlling blood pressure.